Hello the people of the internet.
So it’s pretty much festival season, and I am sure all of you are going to hit up or wanting to go to a music festival this summer. This post is for those who are going their first Electronic Music Festival in the summer. To be honest with you when people ask me, “how many EDM festivals have I gone to?” I tell them that I have no idea. And it’s true, I have gone to way too many to even keep track. I don’t care if people say that EDM has bad influences on people. Honestly, I go to these festivals for the music and having the best time with my best friends. I decided to write this because I am sure you guys want to know what to expect at a festival.
1) DO NOT WEAR JEANS OR LONG SLEEVE SHIRTS: You will die because there are so many people around you that it gets pretty humid in there. I know you’ve all seen girls in their bras and underwear, which is totally fine (if you want show some skin). Personally, I don’t do that. Instead, I wear high-waisted shorts from American Apparel with patterns or just my athletic black racing shorts. I find that I want to be as comfortable as possible because you are going to be dancing for at least 4 hours+. As for tops, I usually wear crop tops, tank tops, or graphic t-shirts. To top it off, I wear my floral crown because I am the Sass Queen. Ahahs anyways, It adds to my outfit and its helps my friends to spot me if I were to separate from them.
2) Sneak in bottle caps from water bottles: Chances are you are going be thirsty at a the festival from all that dancing. Festivals don’t let you bring in water, and if you buy water at the festivals, they will take off the water bottle caps for you. And thus, you need to sneak in water bottle caps.
3) You are surrounded by people who are like family: I have met so many amazing people who are now my friends at these festivals. You will dance all night and be with a stadium full of people who are just ravers like you. Be nice and kind, yet be safe at these things. Something bad may happen to you.
4) Do not bring big purses or anything at all: You’ll probably need a little bit of cash, your ID, credit card. You can stuff it in your bra or bring a fanny pack. You’ll be a cool cat.
5) Wear your beat up sneakers: Old converses or shoes that you can trash after the festival. Everyone has one pair of shoes that you can always wear to a festival. You want to be as comfortable as possible.
6) Go to a festival with a group of friends, because you will have a fun time and you can rock your outfit with the squad.
Well that’s all the tips I can think of. Don’t get drugged, don’t get way too drunk that you are going to get kicked out of the venue. If you have any suggestions or comments, leave it in the comment section below. Please follow my social media sites. Twitter and Instagram: @brigittemegan and tumblr http://forevercanucks.tumblr.com and pinterest http://pinterest.com/brigittemegan
Until next time, catch you on the flip side.
PS Live life on the wild side!