Photo: Whistler BC, January 2016.
It’s been a while since I last posted on my blog. To be honest, I feel like I need to change everything on my blog because it doesn’t represent myself. I believe that I have changed a lot since I’ve posted here and I want my blog to reflect on myself. The re-branding will be a great start to my blog, and I hope you guys understand. I have a lot that has happened since I’ve posted. So I will catch you guys up to speed.
- I am entering my 4th year of university: I am supposed to graduate this year, but I don’t feel confident as to what I want to do. I am planning on applying for a work term or two, thus putting me back another year. It is common for students in Canada to do their undergraduate in 5 years rather than the four years for various of reasons. I am not going to go into details, but after my 4th year, I have five classes left which is pretty much a semester. But anyways, moving on.
- Vehicles switch up: If you guys didn’t know I bought my first car in September of 2015, which was exciting. I had a 2006 VW Jetta in Grey. To be honest, I needed something to get me from Point A to B. But after having a lot of electrical problems, I decided to trade it in and get something I was happy to own. With my traveling and my love for the outdoors, I was narrowing down the type of vehicle I wanted. For those who know me personally, I hate car shopping with a passion. It’s funny to say that because I grew up around with cars because of my dad being an Autobody Mechanic for 30+ years. I went back and forth with small cars, but my all time dream vehicle was a Jeep Wrangler. I’ve always wanted a Wrangler since I was six years old when we moved into my childhood house. The tenants that used to live in the basement suite had a Maroon TJ, and I would stare at it every day since he would take in on adventures and come back and tell me about those adventures. I love the history of Jeeps and the Jeep community in general. FYI I did a lot of research on the Wranglers, which I can know the differences between Jeeps in general. But since I am investing in a vehicle like the Jeep, I want something that I can be proud of and know that it will hold its value since I do plan on keeping this vehicle for a while. I did also be consider the all-new Jeep Renegade, but it felt like any other Jeep (Patriot, Liberty, Compass, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee). But when I test drove a couple of Wranglers, it just felt right that I own one. I got super lucky with the Wrangler I got, but that’s for another story time. So I picked up a 2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S in Anvil (dull dark gray with a blue tint). I do plan on doing some mods on it, but since its the end of the Summer I am probably going to get new all terrain tires even though my Jeep has fairly new tires on it. If you guys want me to do a post or video on my take on Jeeps, comment in the comment section below!
- Traveling: Not going to lie, this has probably been the best summer ever. I’ve done the most amount of traveling that people wish they could do in a short amount of time. Although I’ve only stayed in the country, I have traveled to places I have never been before and I do plan on going back and do some exploring. Since I got the Jeep in mid-June, I have taken advantage of my traveling for sure. I can’t wait for what’s in store next. I’ve been to my fair share of music festivals and going to my last music festival of Summer 2016 to my favorite city of Seattle. I know it’s kind of similar to Vancouver, but it’s a great place to explore and a great comparison to Vancouver vs. Seattle.
- My mental state of mind: With all the distractions in life, there will always be tough times. I have gone through my fair share of them, which has made me occupy myself. Not going to lie it has helped me a lot just to keep going. And whatever is going to happen, I am ready to take on anything that life has got in store for me. Since school is starting in less than two weeks, I do plan on continuing focusing on myself and make sure that I am taking care of my well-being. It is critical to take time for yourself to figure things out and know your strengths and weaknesses. It doesn’t happen overnight to change completely. Rather it is a bunch of obstacles that you will always have to go through to reach to the other side.
- The Hair: So if you have been following me for a while I’ve been getting my hair done in Silver, Purple, and Blue for more than a year. Not sure what we are doing next, but just wanted to up this in the update since a lot of people ask me about my hair.
My goal for all of this is to grow as a person rather be stuck in the same bubble for extended periods of time. I will continue to test my limits and do whatever it takes to get to the other side. My story won’t be the same as the others, but know that you’ll always need to step outside of your comfort zone and grow as a person. Some will just use you because of certain things that they don’t have to independence, maturity, or the strength. (Which I believe that it is unfortunate to have) However, don’t let negative people affect you. Surround yourself with positive people who have positive vibes in a positive environment. When times are tough, just keep fighting because things will work out at the end of all of this. A lot of people would come to me for advice and may say this is cliché. But once you have gone through a life experience, they realize and learn how to handle tough situations so that it doesn’t happen to them.
As to my re-branding/re-launch, I am going to look into switch up the name of this blog and the look of the blog. It may take a while since I am going back to school in the Fall, but changes are happening to this blog. As for now, if you have any suggestions or comments, leave it in the comment section below. Please follow my social media sites. Snapchat: hanktothedank Twitter and Instagram: @brigittemegan and Tumblr http://forevercanucks.tumblr.com and Pinterest http://pinterest.com/brigittemegan
Until next time, catch you on the flip side.
PS Live life on the wild side!